Host Your Own Fundraising Event
Plan your own event or make us your charitable partner for an existing event! You can help us raise money that will assist the St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation to continue its efforts to provide equipment and outstanding local healthcare services at the St. Francis Memorial Hospital, Madawaska Valley Hospice, and Valley Manor. Every little bit helps and we appreciate your efforts. Thank you!
When it comes to event ideas, the opportunities are endless. We’ve started this list to get your creative juices flowing. Feel free to use some of these ideas or make your event entirely your own!
- Garage Sale
- Dinner Party
- Sporting Event
- Bake Sale
- Trivia Night
- Church Function
- Arts and Crafts Sale/Show
Tips for Event Success
- Choose an event
- Pick a date and time for your event
- Get to know the St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation. People are more likely to donate when you can clearly articulate why a cause is important and why you need their support. Visit our website to learn more about us.
- Form a volunteer event planning committee. If your planning committee has enough members to share tasks and a variety of skills & experience, you will have the right formula for a winning event.
- Create a work plan (and budget if necessary – an organized event is a successful event). Be sure to research whether your event will require any special permit, licenses, and/or insurance.
- Promote your event
- Have a back-up plan. Make sure you have a ‘plan B’, especially if your event is dependent on factors like the weather.
Support from the St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation
- Publicity and promotion via St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation’s social media pages including Facebook, our website, & display monitor (see below for more details)
- Recognition- We are pleased to make arrangements with local newspapers to cover the event and/or if possible be present for cheque presentations.
Donations/Tax Receipt Guidelines
- Please contact the Foundation if you have any questions regarding tax receipts.
Publicity and Promotion
- Eye-catching flyers, tickets, & other promotional materials will help make your event a success. The correct usage of the St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation’s name or logo is very important to us. Foundation staff will be available to work with you to approve the use of the name and logo prior to the event or distribution of materials. All promotional materials should make clear, where applicable, that the funds are being raised in support of the St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation rather than by the St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation.
Thank you for your interest in hosting your own fundraising event on behalf of the St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation. Every little bit counts and we appreciate your efforts to help us raise money to support local healthcare in your community.
Once you have an idea for the type of event you would like to host, please contact us at
613-756-3045 ext. 217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.